Saturday, April 14, 2012

nHair demonstration! What's new in Maya 2013?

(0:01 - 5:35)
New Features in Maya 2013 - Check out the original site!!

I'm geeking out over the nHair demonstration in this video!  Features I love already:
  • Adjusting the thickness of hair strands.
  • I'm hoping that attributes are paintable here like they are with other nObjects.
  • Collision.  The hair looks like it reacts to itself better (and faster) and we'll be able to set up complex collision objects instead of being confined to the HORRIBLE collision spheres and cubes that just don't work well at all.
  • It's ability to interact with other nObjects like nCloth and nParticles.
  • CONSTRAINTS THAT DON'T SUCK!!!

I hope that in the future we'll get to see tools (brush, combs [scissors?  Please???]) that will aid in the styling process.  But I'm really happy with the people at Autodesk right now.  Really, really happy.  Seriously.  I'm the happiest girl in the world right now.  I can't wait to get my hands on this.

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment