Monday, April 23, 2012

Hair Script - Progress #4 / Maya Fluid Explosions!

Remember that nuke explosion that I talk about once every 6 months?  I'm STILL working on it lol.  I got a little side tracked with ground explosions.  I'm learning about shaping my fluids with multiple emitters and volume axis fields.  I'm also learning about lighting my fluids and rendering them out in separate passes.  Fun stuff.  I'm still inexperienced when it comes to texturing fluids, so if anyone out there has any good tips/resources they'd like to share, I'm all ears!

Anyway, my hair script!

Progress!  The polygons to nurbs feature works better than I could have hoped for.  I had to completely destroy and rearrange 50% of what I had to get it to work, but it works!  Of course, if you could nest procedures in MEL, I wouldn't have had any problems. (Another reason for me to start working with Python).  My curve duplication is well on it's way to working too.  I'm just trying to figure out the best way to name my curves.  I know I don't HAVE to, but I think it looks bad to have duplicatedCurve40388 in your scene, even if the user will never see it.

The next thing I have to worry about is grouping everything so the user isn't left with a messy scene, but that's not going to be too bad.

I don't know what I want to tackle once I get the curve creation thing to work.  I could create the paint effects hair, or rig the hair.  Rigging will be harder, and it's about 60% of the entire script so I might tackle that first and get it out of the way.

Progress - ????% I don't even know anymore.

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment