Thursday, March 22, 2012

The first thing you see

I've been looking at a lot of demo reels, personal sites and things of that nature lately.  Many people have blogs attached to their main site, but I use my blog as my main site.  Some people have their blog entries on the main page, and others have their demo reels on the main page.

Should my demo reel be the first thing people see, or should my blog entries be #1?  I've been thinking about that a lot lately, and I'm not sure what I should do.  I might make my demo reel this sites main attraction, I might not.  I haven't decided.

I don't expect a response or anything, but if you come here and randomly see my demo reel filling the screen instead of my rants, don't say I didn't warn you.

~Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Hello! :) I think either way works. I have my reel on my second page, though, I am not actively looking for a job at the moment, nor do I use my blog as my main site. So I can see why it would be a good idea to have it as the first thing you see. :) But even if you don't, at least the button/link to your reel is clear and plain to see (something I need to fix on mine)

    :)

    ReplyDelete