Monday, March 12, 2012

AMAZING facial rig


I love everything: animation, hair/cloth simulation, lighting, rendering... but I have such a soft spot in my heart for rigging.  Admittedly, my knowledge on the process is pretty basic but I know enough to know something amazing when I see it.  The Cenk character by Ozgur Aydogu is great on it's own merits, but this facial rig is one of the best I've seen.  I absolutely LOVE the procedural breathing and free transform head parts features.  The character itself is very expressive, facial deformations are spot on and the animation... so, so good.  It's a shame to see good facial rigs subjected to horrible test animation and I'm so glad that doesn't happen here.  From beginning to end, every aspect of character development and creation looks like it was handled with great care and the result is a top notch product.

I'd LOVE to see a full body rig at some point.

I'll stop gushing now.

Be sure to check out his site!
http://www.ozguraydogdu.com/

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment