Thursday, February 9, 2012

Discouraged

The title says is all.  I'm a little discouraged today.  Why?  I feel like no one wants a Hair/Cloth/Fur TD.  I love what I do and I think I'm good at it.  I'd love to work on hair, cloth and fur for ever and ever, but I see so few people looking for character fx artists.  I love effects (especially particle effects), I love rigging, and I think if I were to buckle down and do absolutely nothing but FX tests and rigs for, like 9 months, I could build enough on what I already know and produce good results and find a decent entry level job.  But I don't want to get a job doing something that I just happen to know how to do well.  I want to get a job doing something that makes me happy.

Maybe I'll find something at SIGGRAPH this year.

I'll stop whining now.

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment